Quilt Show Project Update #3

With the registration deadline looming, I trashed my original plan nine days ago. I just wasn’t “feeling” it. Fortunately I woke up at 3:00 a.m. the next morning, got my sketch pad and came up with a new plan which is going to be much better than the old one.

I decided not to do the plain black background with the Sashiko stitching … it was just too boring. I made the background squares out of black and white fabrics. The top two squares are finished. The rest of the squares still need to be quilted, cut into 4 pieces and sewn back together. I also need to make five more flowers. Then the fun part of embellishing and putting all the pieces together which will be done in a nontraditional way. Lots of work left to do, but I like my new plan and that makes it a lot more fun to work on.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in art quilt, mixed media art, quilting and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s